HOW TO INSTALL MAGENTO 2.0.
As you know, Magento2 has been released full version on Nov 17, 2015. Magento 2 is an open source eCommerce R&D project facilitating the improvement of Magento Core products. With the new and improved features in Magento 2, developers will be able to offer functionality to customers and continue grow with the platform. In this post, we will show you how to install Magento 2.0.
I. SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
Before you install Magento 2, make sure your system meets or exceeds the following requirements:
- Operating systems : Linux distributions such as RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian, and so on
- Apache 2.2 or 2.4 : Don’t forget to enable rewrites and .htaccess!
- PHP 5.6.x or 5.5.x (PHP 5.4 is not supported)
- MySQL 5.6.x
II. INSTALL XAPP
>> Download Xampp at : https://www.apachefriends.org/index.html and then install
III. INSTALL COMPOSER
- Install Composer via this link : https://getcomposer.org/download/
- Download and run Composer-Setup.exe
IV. INSTALL MAGENTO 2.0
- Download code magento 2.0 here https://github.com/magento/magento2 or https://www.magentocommerce.com/download
- Extract it to folder httpdocs of xampp
- Go to folder code magento 2.0 click mouse right on file composer.json -> Click on Composer Install -> Then wait for composer run and update finish
4. Restart Xampp and install magento normal
5. Log into MySQL to create database
6. Open Browser and enter url of your magento store:
–> Click Agree and Setup Magento to start the instalation.
7. Follow this below steps to run Installation process
8. Step1: Readiness Check
–>> Click Start Readiness Check. After Start Readiness Check is completed, select Next
–>> Enter server host, server username and database you’ve just created then click Next
10. Step3: Web Configuration
–>>Put your website link and then click Next
11. Step4: Customize Your Store
>>You can choose Time Zone, Currency and Language
12. Step5: Create admin account
>>Enter your information and click Next
13. Step6: Install
>>Click at Install Now button to install magento 2.0
It will take some minutes to complete this installation step. And you will see this window below, Congratulate! You installed Magento2 successfully.
15. You can go to frontend and login backend to experience Magento 2.0.
16. You can watch the tutorial video below :